Thursday, January 14, 2010

"Gracias mama"

I do not know what my deal is with my nutrition/eating but I need to get with it and FAST! I ate Chicken Nuggets and a biscuit with my class at lunch. Ugh!!

Last night I worked out at 7pm with Amanda. I went on the treadmill for 55 minutes. I ran the first 45 minutes at a 5.0 and didn't slow down or speed up. I went 3.8 miles and then I finished up walking and ended up at 4.25 miles. I felt great!
I was considering running the 25k for the Riverbank run instead of the 10k, since I'm far ahead of the 10k training schedule. The only thing that makes me nervous about this is that I've been solely concentrating on running on the treadmill. I'm scared to death to run on pavement on snow and ice. I'm cautious walking on it, what would happen if I run on it?

I've decided to be a "Girls on the run" coach this spring. It starts in March and goes until May. Amanda is going to coach with me. I think it will be a lot of fun and I think it's a great idea to coach!

I also am going to meet to talk about teaching an enrichment class this summer which will help battle the nationwide epidemic of childhood obesity. I'd do an activity with the kids and then do a talk with parents about nutrition and simple ways to be sure that kids get what they need- nutrition and smaller portion sizes. :) I'm having that meeting on Monday afternoon. More info to come!

Today I'm heading back to the gym after work at 4pm to do a short run and then about 45 min of strength training. I need to work my muscles- I haven't strength trained since last week Tuesday! Yikes!

My food for today:
Breakfast: Egg sandwich, grapefruit juice, coffee
Snack: Dry cereal
Lunch: Turkey sandwich, orange, jello, granola bar
Dinner: Smart Ones Lasagna, salad

I'm ready for a great day, and I'm ready to make smarter nutrition choices! I know I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment