Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I'm hard-core

Yesterday I went to the gym and walked 40 minutes at a 4.0 and ran for the last 5 minutes at a 5.5. I burned over 500 calories and went over 3 miles. Then I went to Curves where I rested for a half hour before starting power workout. I made the "mistake" of saying to Tanya "I dare you to make me sweat the way that I sweat at the gym" and she did. Instead of 30 seconds of alternating lunges, we did 60. Instead of 30 seconds of planks, we did 60. Instead of 30 seconds of wall sit, we did 60. My legs felt like they were going to fall off and by the end of the night my whole body ached. I also have a blister on the toe next to my big toe. After getting a lot of feedback about it on Facebook, I decided to pop it. I also put a blister bandaid on it. It tingles today but it's healing and doesn't hurt as bad as I thought it would.

I figure I burned over 1000 calories in my workouts yesterday. I only ate about 24-26 points yesterday and did not eat extra. I did everything right. I thought for sure that today would be my big day. I got my camera ready and.... 201.8 *sigh* Well maybe I didn't eat enough calories for my workouts yesterday. Today is another day and tomorrow is another chance and I'm still below my lowest plateau weight. It's ok, I'll get there. I know I can do this!

Today I have a long day. I am working 7:30am-6:00pm, going home for dinner and then coming back to the gym at 7:00pm. It's conferences and that means that today and tomorrow will be long, long days!

Here is my food plan for today:
Breakfast:
Fiber One shredded wheat cereal (2 pts)
raspberries (1 pt)
1/2 cup skim milk (2 pts)
coffee (1 pt)
Protein (2 pts)

Lunch:
Turkey sandwich (4 pts)
yogurt (1 pt)
Orange (1 pt)
100 cal strawberry cupcakes (1 pt)

Snack:
String cheese (1 pt)

Dinner:
Spaghetti squash (1 pt)
Spaghetti sauce (6 pts)
Salad (1 pt)
Decaf coffee (0 pts)
Granola bar (3 pts)

Total points for today: 27 points (Right on target with a workout)

Workout for today: Gym- 15 min treadmill, 30 minutes strength training, 45 minutes treadmill

It's going to be a great day! I just know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment