Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"It's a great day at Curves"

Yesterday I enjoyed a 30 minute power workout at Curves. I was sweating normal (not as much as I do at the gym, but pretty good) and my heart rate was up so that was good. The thing I love most about power workouts is that it gives me a chance to workout with people I genuinely like working out with. I can talk about stuff with them and I can enjoy my workout. At the gym I'm pretty much alone and talking to myself as I run/walk/strength train. I know I can correct this by going to the gym with a friend, and I think I need to start doing that. I have a couple friends that are members at the gym, I just need to coordinate schedules.

Yesterday I failed miserably at my food choices. I stuck to my menu but I ate Macaroni and cheese with the kids at lunch. I'm so disappointed in myself for that! Today is another day and I vow to not eat anything other than fresh fruit/veggies at school today! I can do it!!

Here is what my day of food/exercise looks like today:

Breakfast:
Coffee (1 pt)
Protein shake (2 pt)
1/2 cup skim milk (2 pts)
1 cup Fiber One shredded wheat cereal (3 pts)
Blueberries (1 pt)

Lunch:
Healthy choice pasta (7 pts)
Orange (1 pt)
100 cal cupcakes (1 pt)

Dinner:
Salmon (5 pts)
Green beans (0 pts)
Salad (2 pts)

Total points:25 plus dessert and a snack **On Target with workout**

Exercise for today:
30 minutes treadmill
30 minutes strength training
30 minutes treadmill

I am working today 7:30am-4:00pm and then I'll be at the gym until 5:30pm. After the gym I shower, eat dinner and then I'm packing for my Thanksgiving trip to visit my brother and sister in law in Iowa. I'm also making WW fudge which is one point per square!! (My sister in law LOVES it, even though she could eat regular fudge and doesn't need to worry about points).

It's going to be an amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment