Monday, November 30, 2009

"CHALLENGE"

Thanksgiving was brutal. A nice break and a great trip to Iowa but brutal. It's time to get back in gear and move forward. I decided a few things over break. First, I am going to run my first 10k on May 8, 2010. The Riverbank run in Grand Rapids. I know I can do it, and I am going to build my endurance and start training. I'm nervous and excited and a little scared but it's a great goal for 2010 and I do know, deep inside that I can do it!

I've also decided that for the next two weeks I am going to change it up and do the "Special K challenge". I think it's a great way for my body to detox from Thanksgiving and I know I can do it!

Here is what it looks like:

Breakfast:
Coffee
Protein shake
1 cup special K fruit and yogurt cereal
2/3 cup skim milk

Snack:
Special K crackers

Lunch:
1 cup special K fruit and yogurt cereal
2/3 cup skim milk
Apple

Snack:
Special K granola bar

Dinner:
Salmon
Green Beans
Salad
water

Exercise for today: 1.5 hours at gym- 1 hour treadmill, 1/2 hour strength training

Starting weight for challenge: 208.4 lbs (Yes I did gain quite a bit over break, but it's going to be gone before we know it!)

My breakfast, lunch and snacks will stay the same for the two weeks of the challenge but my dinner will always change.

Let's get this!

No comments:

Post a Comment