Thursday, November 5, 2009

*sigh*


I woke up this morning with a fever. I'm exhausted but I can't sleep. Ugh. I still have a fever and I've been awake for 3.5 hours. I called in to work for today and I probably won't work tomorrow either. I canceled on my college roommates for the weekend. (Most of them have kids and I really don't want to spread my germs to anyone, especially not their cute babies!) What a bummer! And to add to it all, I can't go to the gym or Curves to work out today because of my fever/germs. I don't care how much hand sanitizer I can use, it just wouldn't be right to spread germs. I called my doctor's office and made an appointment to go in at 4:30pm. I think that my nasal congestion is moving to my chest and since I have asthma, it's a good idea to get in to the doctor ASAP to get on some prescription meds to kick it before it kicks me! The good thing is that we don't have preschool today- it's a professional development day- but the bad news is that I have to miss two days of Education Through Music training which I love!

I was cheered up at 9:30am when I found out that my MAC pallette came in the mail yesterday! I opened it and put it together. *sigh* I really *heart* MAC (I'm such a girl) so much!

I can't seem to sleep so I decided to get online and I thought to myself "I bet it will be cheaper to book new years eve plans now". So I logged onto Amtrak and booked a round trip ticket to Chicago and then I shopped for hotels. I had an offer from my favorite Chicago hotel-- hotel Sax-- in my saved mail so I checked that out and booked two nights there (December 30-January 1) for $392.59! If four people stay there it works out to $100 per person or $50 per night! What a deal! I bet I can find three people to ring in the New Year with me in Chicago!! I refuse for New Years Eve to suck! REFUSE! So that has kept my mind somewhere other than my sickness too. *sigh*

So another day, another day to have to skip the workout :( Not happy about that. I'll have to really watch my points again today. Here is the plan:

Breakfast:
Quaker Corn Bran Cereal (1 pt)
1/2 cup skim milk (2 pts) ***Am I right about those points?***
WW muffin (2 pts)
Coffee (1 pt)
Protein (2 pts)

Lunch:
Soup (1 pt)
WASA cracker (1 pt)
Peanut butter (1.5 pts)
yogurt (1 pt)
Orange (1 pt)

Snack:
Orange (1 pt)
Granola bar (1.5 pt)

Dinner:
Cheeseburger (6 pts)
Portabella Mushroom (0 pts)
Potato (3 pts)
Pudding (1 pt)

Total Points for today: 26 points! RIGHT ON TARGET!

I'm really trying to change up some of my lunches, because I'm getting bored with the same old thing. I asked for some different ideas on facebook. That was a good call.

Well, I'm going to go get started on my 80 oz of water. Hopefully resting for the next four days will kick whatever sickness I have out of my system!!

No comments:

Post a Comment